Open Venue Experience. And it's happening this Saturday, March 2 from 3:00-6:00pm here at Emerson Fields.
The concept of an Open Venue Experience is very much like an open house, but better. Our goal is to transport you to a styled wedding day that you can experience. We want you to walk through the doors and participate in a wedding reception that is luxurious and dream-worthy.
Something of this magnitude cannot be accomplished alone. There will be a team of vendor-friends here making the magic happen. The benefit for you, the engaged couple, is wonderful. You'll be able to ask questions, taste samples, sip spirits and discuss everything with the select industry professionals that we've invited to join us. We can't stress how beneficial this is as you are in the midst of planning your big day. There won't be booths set up with salespeople shoving literature at you. Instead, there will be knowledgable professionals in the wedding industry on hand to visit with you about all the things you'll be seeing, touching and tasting.
Speaking of tasting, Catering by Peachtree is going to be "throwing down some tasty treats" and "setting the mood" with special cocktails. They've made two special trips to the venue to design and dream with us. You won't be able to miss Ben or Amanda and their culinary creativeness. If you leave here without your taste buds singing, then that's your own fault.
If you're a visual thinker, like me, this will be the perfect time to plan and dream about what your celebration can be. The theme for our OVE is a Scandinavian inspired, semi-elopement styled wedding. Picture an intimate, Oscar-style ceremony with 60 of your closest friends and family followed by a fabulous dinner party reception at rustic farmhouse tables. The Scandinavian inspiration will bring in earthy tones, vivd greenery and untamed florals, along with a killer gown from the Allure designer's Wilderly collection. Breeze Bridal in downtown Columbia has hand-selected this free-spirited gown to compliment our theme. Savvi Formalwear from the Columbia Mall has fit our groom with a stunning suit and they'll gift you with a discount on your entire rental order if you mention that you're an Emerson Fields bride.
The entire collaboration for the Open Venue Experience was orchestrated with the professional advice of Christian with Gather & Co. Events. She will be on hand during the OVE to answer all of your wedding planning questions. Of course, the expertise of fine art wedding photographer, Kelsi Kliethermes Photography, will be invaluable and you'll definitely want to chat with her as well.
Other vendors that you'll see and hear from:
* MU Tiger Garden Events (prepare to be amazed at their creativeness with all things floral)
* A-1 Party & Event Rental (Brett has been phenomenal with putting together this rustic-farmhouse-Scandinavian theme)
* Pretty Lil Things has been gracious to style our venue with a lounge area and focal seating nook that will leave you wanting to move in!
* The Ink Cafe will be here with custom invitation suites for you to look at and Christy will have her associate on hand to talk about all the custom calligraphy and signage you can dream up!
* Mackenzie Maupin, esthetician will be here all day working on our model bride and ready to share tips and makeup inspo.
* Image Makers Salon has some super "nesty" designs for our bride's hair and she can't wait to chat with you on Saturday about what you're dreaming up for your best day ever.
* Byler Media owner, Marshall Byler, will be on hand to show you some of his latest work and talk about the world of cutting-edge wedding videography.
* Thou Shalt Knot, Rona Nelson, is a local creative artist that will showcase her works in our table set-ups, decor and detailed touches, like her custom bouquet wrap. If you love knots, you are gonna love the custom gift we have for each bride-to-be.
* Range Free Bakery from Columbia has been super about custom designing a wedding cake for our theme and you won't want to miss checking it out. They won't be able to be here in person but we'll have all their information so you can inquire with them about creating a cake for your day.
* Last, but certainly not least... Too Rooster Artist, Cindy Scott, will be here painting the OVE AS IT HAPPENS! I'm geeking out over this. She's a wonderfully talented artist and she makes a wedding celebration come to life through paint! One of our brides last fall hired Cindy to paint their day as it unfolded and then gifted the painting to her husband. It was crazy-amazing! Please stop in and see Cindy as she paints from the balcony on Saturday. She'd love to come paint your wedding day and create a unique keepsake for you.
There will be so many amazing deals, professional wedding planning advice and more at the OVE. We're certain you don't want to miss it.
Anyone is welcome to attend. If you're an engaged couple; please rsvp at